Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Holiday Cards To Our Troops
Send a card to a member of the armed services through the Red Cross.
Holiday Mail For Heroes
Please include the following:
Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456
• All cards must be postmarked no later than Wednesday, December 10, 2008. Cards sent after this date will be returned to sender.
• Participants are encouraged to limit the number of cards they submit to 25 from any one person or 50 from any one class or group. If you are mailing a larger quantity, please bundle the cards and place them in large mailing envelopes. Each card does not need its own envelope or postage.
• Please ensure that all cards are signed.
• Please use generic salutations such as "Dear Service Member." Cards addressed to specific individuals can not be delivered through this program.
• Please send cards as opposed to long letters which delay a quick review process.
• Please do not include email or home addresses on the cards, as the program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.
• Please do not include inserts of any kind, including photos, as these items will be removed during the reviewing process.
For further information and to send phone cards, gift cards, and CARE packages: